RECRUITMENT FOR THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
FTE: 40 hours/week
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Belfast, London, Madrid (or a suitable home location)
About Foundation Earth
Foundation Earth (FE) is an NGO that has gained a lot of attention during the past 8 months as we have been leading the way to an efficient and zero emissions food and drink sector with credible eco-labeling. We drive transparency and mobilize cooperation across multinational supply chains and their logistics partners to take action. This is done through robust, science-based Life Cycle Assessment and credible, transparent food and beverage food labeling for industry to calculate, report and reduce emissions. Our work builds consumer trust as well as incentivises farmers, producers, manufactures and to develop and implement their Net Zero Strategies.
Our mission has steadily been expanding leading us to reinforce ties with highly visible partners, collaborating with government actors, prestigious universities, and other stakeholders. With the current attention towards climate change, food labeling has become very visible and therefore growing fast. Our industry recognition, ambitious approach, experience and excellent technical capacities makes us stand out from the rest.
About the position
Your role is to identify new and existing strategic partnerships opportunities in conjunction with related fundraising activities across Foundation Earth. You will be working closely with the Executive Director and other team members on building and maintaining high impact collaborations with current and prospective partners. You will work in a small international oriented team and will interact with multiple FE external partners and collaborators.
We ask you to:
- Design and bring to life the power of an organizational network, building knowledge, capability and acting together to achieve transformation.
- Direct strategic partnership strategy in line with the organizational strategy
- Engage with strategic partners and donors to identify cooperation to support the growth of the organization and achieve the mission of FE
- Lead research on fundraising opportunities aligned with our ambitions (sectors, geographies, mission)
- Manage business development activity and lead on proposal preparation in response to opportunities discussed with funders whether private/ Corporate foundations, development agencies, governments or other international NGOs we often partner with
- Direct organisational relationships and contractual requirements with new and existing funders and partners
- Represent FE at external partnerships, events and meetings
- Manage staff dedicated to key accounts and relationship management
As an ideal candidate you can demonstrate:
- 10+ years’ work experience in the sustainability/climate change space, preferably in the food and drink and NGO sector – we are however open to other less directly related experiences (socialand environmental impact)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Proven track record in proposal development/fundraising and managing funders/client relations
- Excellent writing skills and ability to make technical content accessible to a broader audience
- Fluent in English, comparable to a native English speaker
- Proactive, organized and innovative work attitude – since we are growing fast the role leaves room for some autonomy to innovate; improve our contact database and make suggestions to our communications approach
- Ability to work independently, easily adapt to changing situations and work in a structured manner
- Motivation to make a difference in the world and ready to join a very passionate team driven by purpose
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solution-oriented, and highly collaborative environment
Interested applicants should e-mail their CV and motivation to Foundation Earth at firstname.lastname@example.org.